< menu
Broxted, Essex  
   

External link to STOP STANSTED EXPANSION campaign

Stop Stansted Expansion

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on

Wednesday 14 February 2007

in the Village Hall at 8.00 p.m.

Present were:

Mr Clark, Mrs Oliveira, Mr Perry, Mr Rixson & Mrs Clark (Clerk).

  1. Apologies for Absence

    Mrs Kesterton and Cllrs Down and Walsh.

  2. Approval of the Minutes of the Previous Meeting

    The minutes of the meeting held on 10th January, 2007 were agreed and signed.

  3. Matters Arising

    1. Noticeboards

      These had not yet been erected. Mr Clark would arrange the necessary working party when the weather improved.

  4. Village Hall

    1. Charity Commissioners

      A letter had been received from the Charity Commissioners seeking further information. Mrs Oliveira had spoken to them and, as a result, a letter had been received giving the Village Hall Trustees permission to go ahead and transfer the property of the Trust to the Parish Council (under Section 79 (1) of the Charities Act 1993). It was agreed to invite the existing trustees of the Hall to the next meeting on 14th March so that a formal hand-over could be facilitated and some new working arrangements agreed.

  5. Brick End Bus Shelter

    The Insurers had agreed that we could use George Turner and go ahead with the rebuilding. Mr Clark had spoken to George Turner who was at present unwell, but hoped to start work in the near future.

  6. Response to the Secretary of State's Proposed Changes to the Draft Revision of the East of England Regional Plan

    This was discussed, and it was agreed to respond by supporting the view of the EERA that the Government was wrong to assume that expansion of Stansted Airport would go ahead and predicate its plans for additional housing, especially in the Harlow area, on that basis.

  7. Stansted Airport

    1. Stansted Generation 1 Planning Application

      The Council's additional comments on the appeal, and its request to speak at the Inquiry, had been acknowledged by the Planning Inspectorate. It had been learned that the Public Inquiry would start on 30th May, but that the venue had not yet been decided.

    2. Siting of Runway 2

      An announcement had been made at the end of January on the chosen location of Runway 2, which was almost the same as that suggested in the White Paper. A formal planning application was expected in the autumn.

    3. SSE Community Conference — 4th February, 2007

      Mr & Mrs Clark, Mrs Oliveira and Mr Perry had attended the conference. It was agreed that it had been very successful, with much new information, particularly with regard to the economic argument, being forthcoming.

    4. ERM

      BAA has commissioned ERM to conduct a Health Impact Assessment of the Generation 2 project. A workshop for Parish Councillors had been arranged for 7th March in Dunmow. Mrs Oliveira offered to attend.

    5. BAA Properties

      Mr Clark had been approached by a villager concerned that BAA was not doing enough to maintain the properties that it owned, especially some listed properties. Photographs of some neglected properties had been supplied. It was agreed to write to Uttlesford District Council asking it to remind BAA of its responsibilities towards the listed buildings, with a copy to BAA and Strutt & Parker, its agents and to share this with the local press.

      (After Note) An inspection of one of the properties photographed would suggest that some repair work had been recently undertaken, so it was agreed not to write the letter until further clarification had been received.

  8. Footpaths

    1. North Hall

      Mrs Oliveira had reported that the byway from North Hall to School Lane, Molehill Green was in a poor condition to Highways. It had responded by stating that it hoped to conduct some remedial work in the coming financial year. It was also hoped to put a temporary closure notice on the byway in the near future.

  9. Correspondence

    1. Civic Amenity Scheme

      A letter had been received from Uttlesford District Council asking if we wanted rubbish skips this year. It was agreed to ask for two skips for a half-day each, one in the spring and one in the autumn, at a cost of £87 per session.

    2. Rural Post Offices

      A letter had been received from Postwatch seeking our views on rural Post Offices. Mrs Oliveira undertook to complete the questionnaire.

    3. Core Strategy Policy, Options for Growth

      A letter and questionnaire had been received from the Planning Department at Uttlesford District Council seeking our views on its Core Strategy. In essence, this hinged on where the additional housing that Uttlesford District Council was obliged to provide should be situated. It was felt that this additional housing should be spread around the district, with small numbers being added to each existing settlement, rather than a new town or substantial further development of Saffron Walden, Dunmow and Stansted. Mrs Oliveira agreed to complete the questionnaire.

  10. Finance, including Verification of Cashbook and Signing of Cheques

    1. Verification of Cashbook

      As there had been no transactions in the previous month, no verification was required.

    2. Balances

      Balances as at 31st January 2007 at Barclays Bank, Dunmow were reported as follows:

      Community Account (current) £271.27  
      Business Reserve Account (high rate deposit) £5,575.53  
        £5,846.80  

    3. Signing of Cheques

      An invoice had been received from Uttlesford District Council for the two rubbish skips provided in 2006. As the May skip was only in the village for two hours instead of the 3½ allocated, it was agreed to pay only a pro rata amount. It was, therefore, agreed to sign the following cheque:

      Uttlesford District Council hire of skips £149.19  

    4. Allocation of Grants 2006-2007

      After a short discussion it was agreed to make the following grants/donations:

      Five Parishes Magazine £300
      MEDICS £250
      St. Clare Hospice £250
      Buffy Bus £80
      Uttlesford Home-Start £150
      Essex Air Ambulance £175
      Broxted w Chickney Church Committee (towards upkeep of the open churchyard) £175
      Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau £175
      Bishop's Stortford Citizens Advice Bureau £175
      Uttlesford Community Travel £100
      Saffron Walden Museum Society for The Heritage Quest Centre £250

      The above expenditure was unanimously agreed, proposed by Mrs Oliveira and seconded by Mr Clark.

      It was agreed to sign the eleven cheques.

  11. Planning

    The current situation on planning applications is:

    1. Wood Farm

      erection of two triple garages

      Refused

      Following the previous month's planning meeting the applicant had submitted revised plans to Uttlesford amending the location of one of the garages. This had been deemed unacceptable by the committee.

    2. Old School House, Cherry Green

      removal of single storey section and erection of two storey extension

      Conditional Approval

    3. Pledgdon Lodge

      erection of stable and car port, removal of Condition C.23 (UTT/1539/02/FUL) with conversion of building to workshop, store and tack room.

      It was agreed to object to this application, on the grounds that Condition 23 required that the building be demolished upon completion of the replacement dwelling.

  12. Any Other Business

    1. Payphone at Brick End

      Mrs Oliveira had complained to BT about the state of the payphone at Brick End, which was not working. In addition the phone box was in a filthy state with brambles growing in it.

    2. Litter

      Following the cutting of the verges and recent high winds there was a great deal of litter throughout the village. It was agreed to write to Uttlesford District Council to ask it to deal with the problem.

    3. The Funding Game and How to Win It!

      Mrs Kesterton will be attending this Seminar on 1st March.

    4. East Area Panel Meeting

      A reminder had been received of the next Area Panel Meeting on 27th February. Mrs Oliveira hoped to attend.

    5. Parish Liaison Meeting

      A reminder had been received of the next Liaison Meeting on 21st March. Mr Clark hoped to attend.

  13. Date of the Next Meeting

    It was confirmed that the next meeting would be held on Wednesday 14th March 2007 at 8.00 p.m. in the Village Hall.

    The Village Hall Trustees would be invited to attend.

External link to the FIVE PARISHES

Five Parishes

   

External link to STOP STANSTED EXPANSION campaign

Stop Stansted Expansion

External link to the FIVE PARISHES

Five Parishes

< menu
 
   
top

This site is run on a purely voluntary basis, at my own expense. Although this site was formerly run on behalf of Broxted Parish Council, the council no longer controls or endorses its contents. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained within it is accurate. Neither the site manager nor Broxted Parish Council accept any responsibility for any losses arising from the use or misuse of any of this information, nor for the contents of other websites to which this site may contain links, (over which I have no control).

For up-to-date information on the Parish Council, please refer to its new site at www.essexinfo.net/broxted.

Technical Info Best viewed at screen resolution 1024 x 768. Virus Warning
top